Published: Sat, August 19, 2017
Global | By Maureen Mccoy

Barcelona aftermath: Family searching for 7-year-old missing in chaos

Barcelona aftermath: Family searching for 7-year-old missing in chaos

Investigations are going, however, ISIS has claimed responsibility for the attack.

Two Danes were "lightly wounded", authorities in Copenhagen said.

A family friend, known only as Scott, told Sydney's 2GB Radio that the child's father, who had stayed behind in Australia, learned of the terrorist attack shortly after arriving at work.

Thirteen people were killed in Barcelona yesterday afternoon when a van was driven at people along Las Ramblas and one woman died in Cambrils when a vehicle was driven at people in the popular tourist resort.

Residents there were preparing explosives, a police source added. The person had been "in the immediate vicinity" of the attack but was not in any medical danger, they said.

It was still not clear how many people had been involved in the van attack and other incidents on Thursday.

Injured are helped on a long stretch of pedestrian sidewalk after a white van jumped the sidewalk. Spanish media have named Moussa Oubakir, 18, as the suspect.

"Julian is seven-years-old and was out with Jom when they were separated, due to the recent terrorist activity", he said in a Facebook post. He's missing and we haven't heard anything since. A six-year-old girl is also seriously ill in hospital.

The attack was the deadliest in Spain since 2004, when al Qaeda-inspired militants detonated bombs on Madrid's subway system, killing 191 and injuring more than 1,800.

Killed At Dragstrip Shooting South Of Milwaukee
The police said while friends of the victims were in shock after the event, they had no idea what would have led to the incident. The shooting happened about 7 p.m.at the auto racing event near Union Grove , Wis., about 25 miles south of Milwaukee.

Former Pistorius prosecutor could take up private case against Grace Mugabe
Grace Mugabe managed to evade arrest and prosecution in Hong Kong after a similar incident in 2009 when she was granted immunity . Police confirmed on Wednesday that the Zimbabwean government indicated it wanted to invoke diplomatic immunity.

Florida mother charged with murder was headed to Buffalo
The girl's father, Donath Plummer, said Newsome texted him Saturday morning, saying she was bringing their daughter to Buffalo. Plummer says he hasn't heard from law enforcement or police since Sunday. "I can't imagine what she actually went through".

Spanish Prime Minister Mariano Rajoy announced three days of official mourning for what he called a "jihadist attack".

In the small town of Lanteira in southern Spain, residents mourned Francisco López Rodríguez, 60, who hailed from the town before moving to Barcelona. Police said the two attacks were linked.

Two Victorian men were hit by the van driven into crowds on a busy promenade, but had been released from hospital.

Mobile phone footage showed several bodies strewn along the Ramblas, some motionless.

Victims are from 24 countries, with one Belgian national confirmed to have died.

"All that we've been told is that she is in a serious condition, she has got multiple fractures everywhere - arms, legs, severe facial injuries".

Of the eight Australians impacted by events in Barcelona, Ms Bishop said four were injured, three required consular support and one is unaccounted for.

Regional head Carles Puigdemont said people had been flocking to hospitals in Barcelona to give blood.

The company wrote: "Rest in peace Bruno, we will remember you forever".

Like this: