Published: Tue, July 25, 2017
Global | By Maureen Mccoy

Utah parents give newborn drugs hours after birth

Utah parents give newborn drugs hours after birth

Having used heroin and prescription drugs heavily throughout her pregnancy, Christenson admitted to police she knew her daughter would be born addicted.

With his 2-month-old daughter in a vehicle seat, Wilde took items off the shelves and then brought them to customer service as if he had already purchased them, looking for a refund, said Utah County Sheriff's Sgt. Spencer Cannon.

After Wilde was given a gift card, he was confronted by story security while carrying the couple's then 2-month-old child in a vehicle seat.

The couple told the police they learned a method from other friends to avoid hospital staff from learning their baby's addiction. Christenson had her other three children, boys ages 8, 4, and 2, with her in the store.

Wilde reportedly took several items off the store's shelves to return for a cash refund. They face drug distribution and child endangerment charges.

A drug test showed the couple's biological sons had methamphetamine in their systems, while their infant daughter tested positive for methamphetamine, heroin and morphine.

"(Christenson and Wilde) admitted that, after their daughter was born on April 9, later that same day, Wilde applied some of the crushed Suboxone pills to the infant's gums while nurses and other medical staff were out of the room", the Sheriff's Office said in a news release.

Wilde crushed pills of Suboxone, a drug used to treat heroin addiction and withdrawal, and forced the powder down his daughter's throat. The auto seat rolled several times before Wilde picked up the carrier and the infant and ran out a different door.

Wilde's girlfriend, 26-year-old Lacey Dawn Christenson, was in Walmart with Wilde.

Deputies said they discovered drug paraphernalia in many different areas of the home, including next to a baby bassinet and next to a child's sippy cup. As he ran from security, he collided with a sliding door and dropped the auto seat carrier with his infant daughter inside, according to the sheriff's office.

Fresh Kid Ice, 2 Live Crew Co-Founder, Dead At 53
The Supreme Court ruled in favour with 2 Live Crew in 1992 but the case led to parental advisory labels on album covers. The group disbanded after their 1998 album, The Real One , but Won continued to release music as a solo artist.

Police hope sketch brings them closer to killer of teen girls
Police released that photo early in their investigation, hoping someone would recognize the suspect. A $230,000 reward is being offered by authorities for information into the murders.

Human remains found in search for missing United States men, one victim identified
Other remains were found on a sprawling farm in suburban Philadelphia but they still needed to be identified, he said. Sturgis - whose disappearances have gripped the county and wealthy community where the search has been concentrated.

She told police she arrived to find drug paraphernalia in the home.

Several shoppers tried to stop Wilde, according to the sheriff's office, and Wilde eventually gave the child to a stranger, ran to his auto and drove away.

The statement revealed Christenson was still inside the store with her three sons.

On June 28, while Wilde and Christenson were in jail, Utah County sheriff's deputies were contacted by a woman who had been asked to watch the couple's pets.

Authorities learned the two younger boys and the infant girl tested positive for methamphetamine. If there is a known history of drug use by a mother, then her baby will be evaluated and if necessary, receive treatment for withdrawal symptoms.

Police obtained a warrant to search the home, where they found paraphernalia scattered throughout the house.

Christenson and Wilde are facing four counts each of child endangerment and felony drugs charges. She was arrested and taken to Utah County Jail on an outstanding warrant.

At the time of writing the pair is being held pending $10,000 cash bail.

They are now being held in a county jail on a $10,000 cash bail.

Investigators contacted the state's Division of Child and Family Services and placed the children in the custody of the oldest boy's father.

Like this: