Published: Mon, July 24, 2017
Global | By Maureen Mccoy

National Weather Service predicts 'multiple rounds' of thunderstorms this weekend

National Weather Service predicts 'multiple rounds' of thunderstorms this weekend

Some storms all over the state, though, could be severe, producing heavy rain and damaging winds, the weather service warns. No humidity! High 83. Calm wind becoming southwest around 5 miles per hour in the afternoon. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms. Rain chances are down to zero overnight. South wind 5 to 7 miles per hour becoming east after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 80%.

There is a 70 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms on Saturday.

Next week's forecast calls for mostly sunny skies with highs in the 80s and 90s. Highs will be in the lower 90s with southwest winds 5 to 10 miles per hour.

Temperatures cool slightly on Sunday, ranging from a high of 82 to the north where the skies will be cloudy to 84 for the central part of the state and 88 to the south where the skies will be mostly cloudy, the weather service says. Northwest wind around 5 miles per hour becoming calm in the evening. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 81. Mostly cloudy - low around 75. North wind 3 to 5 miles per hour.

Tuesday Night: A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Chance of precipitation is 50 percent. Tonight, the chance of rain increases to 60 percent.

France's Army Chief Steps Down After Defense-Spending Fight With Macron
Pierre de Villiers said he could no longer guarantee the "robustness of the defence forces" given the financial restrictions. On Friday, de Villiers wrote on his Facebook , "no one deserves to be blindly followed", referring to the French president.

Fresh Kid Ice, 2 Live Crew Co-Founder, Dead At 53
The Supreme Court ruled in favour with 2 Live Crew in 1992 but the case led to parental advisory labels on album covers. The group disbanded after their 1998 album, The Real One , but Won continued to release music as a solo artist.

6 things every Guardian should know before playing the Destiny 2 Beta
You'll need to fill out the form, which will be in a different language, but it is identical to the order of the form in English. Destiny fans are giddy with excitement today, as the beta for the the sequel to Bungie's sci-fi epic launches in mere hours.

Sunday, showers and thunderstorms likely, mainly after 5 p.m.

A 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Chance of precipitation is 60%.

Thursday night: A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 69. Partly cloudy - low around 73.

Thursday will be partly sunny with a chance of showers and thunderstorms.

Like this: