Published: Fri, June 30, 2017
Medical | By Ismael Lynch

Severe storms with large hail, tornadoes possible Wednesday afternoon, night

Severe storms with large hail, tornadoes possible Wednesday afternoon, night

The Weather Service said there's a 60 percent chance for showers and storms overnight Thursday into Friday, mainly after 1 a.m., and again Friday, with possible rain totals of a quarter- to half-inch both periods; a 20 percent chance Friday night; a 30 percent chance Saturday and Saturday night; a 20 percent chance Sunday and Sunday night; and a 50 percent chance Monday. Storms will push southeast through the mid-evening.

The threat of severe weather today appears to have grown, with the Storm Prediction Center moving much of the area into the enhanced risk category. The cold front will weaken slightly, while perhaps lifting northward late in the afternoon/early evening as a central Plains low-level jet strengthens to around 40-50 kt.Iowa, Wisconsin, and northern IL. This redevelopment is likely to initially be centered over NE Oklahoma into SW Missouri, and then gradually move into NWAR.

The National Weather Service says large hail is the biggest threat today, with damaging winds second.

Storms will develop in northern Oklahoma overnight.

Beyond Good & Evil 2 In-Engine Gameplay on Display
Ubisoft indirectly responded to that criticism today by releasing guided footage of Beyond Good and Evil 2 , rendered in-engine. Well, it appears Ubisoft has gotten the jump on that Beyond Good & Evil 2 announcement, as the video is available NOW.

Ties with india and Pakistan not zero sum: White House
Trump authorized the sale, the manufactures said on Friday, but the offer is still subject to congressional approval. The deal would be the first such purchase by a country that is not a member of North Atlantic Treaty Organization.

Dream Final Set In Halle: Roger Federer v Alexander Zverev
The first set went to a tiebreak, which Federer won before he took the second 6-4 for a straight sets victory. He improved his Halle record to 57-6.

We'll be keeping a close eye on it, and continue to have updates on our 40/29 Newscasts in the evenings and mornings.

The evening storms carry the potential for strong wind gusts and some hail, said Corey Mead, another Valley-based meteorologist.

The best news from all of this is rain, rain is likely from these storms. The biggest threat remains strong winds 60+ miles per hour. The threat is expected to be slightly more widespread in areas of northeastern Colorado than farther north as instability should be limited with northward extent. Scattered storms should form by mid-afternoon across these areas, with large-scale lift aided by an approaching mid-level trough over Montana. IF rain lingers in spots most of the day, highs may be stuck in the 70s but if we can get breaks in the rain even with cloud cover highs will warm in the mid 80s-low 90s.

Like this: