Published: Thu, April 13, 2017
Sport | By Cecil Buchanan

Dana White can't deny Conor McGregor a chance to fight Floyd Mayweather

Dana White can't deny Conor McGregor a chance to fight Floyd Mayweather

A boxing mega-fight between McGregor and Mayweather picked up steam when the Irishman TKO'd Eddie Alvarez to win the lightweight title at UFC 205. "I can't deny him this fight". The latest bit of drama to unfold in this ongoing narrative occurred last week when Jeff Mayweather - Floyd's Uncle - suggested that the UFC was attempting to squeeze out 80% of whatever McGregor profited from this fight, leaving him with just 20% of the spoils. White says that although the fight is not optimal for the UFC, allowing McGregor to make the record amount of money he would command to fight Mayweather would be a great way to repay the fighter for all of his work in the octagon.

Highly passionate MMA Journalist, and I've followed the sport ever since my favorite fighter, Vitor Belfort won the heavyweight tournament at UFC 12.

UFC boss Dana White recently declared himself on board for the contest despite previously stating the fight would never happen, meaning Mayweather and McGregor are that much closer to landing a nine-figure check. Me and Jeff go way back. F*** you too. What do they know about this fight. "I am in a good place with Conor, we are going to meet in NY when he has his baby".

White confirmed that he plans on sitting down with McGregor to begin hammering out a deal for the Mayweather fight after his first child is born either later this month or in early May.

"I'm dealing with my side", White said. "So basically we're very close".

LeEco will not acquire Vizio because of 'regulatory headwinds'
That could mean a lot of different things - but the result is the same: VIZIO and LeEco will remain separate companies and brands. It certainly seems possible that the regulatory climate in China may have prevented LeEco from finalizing the Vizio acquisition.

Uber says its self-driving technology differs from Waymo's
Levandowski on the stand to explain to you what happened, because I think he has a good story to tell", Gonzalez said. Waymo alleges Levandowski plotted his betrayal to Uber while he was still an executive at the Google unit.

Qualcomm reacts to Apple lawsuit, files Answer and Counterclaims
As you might recall, the Verizon and Sprint versions of the Apple iPhone 7 and Apple iPhone 7 Plus employ Qualcomm's X12 modem. Qualcomm said Apple told the media there was no difference in the wireless performance of the devices.

Chief among the criticisms is that McGregor, while renowned for his striking skills against other mixed martial artists, would not stand a realistic chance of beating the highly-skilled and evasive Mayweather at his own game.

White blasted both Mayweather and Arum for making false allegations. "With the 80/20 split, he's (McGregor) still gonna make more money than he ever did".

But negotiations are proving to be time consuming, seemingly because there are so many egos arguing over who should be the A-side and who should be the B-side - which essentially just means who is mentioned first on the official fight poster.

"Mayweather's team would have to deal with (Showtime)".

Like this: